Erin School of English19-22 Dame Street, Dublin, Irlanda
About the School *
Le seguenti informazioni sono state tradotte usando Google TranslateErin School of English è situato sulla bellissima Dame Street, nella stessa posizione come il Trinity College e Templebar! Erin è orgoglioso di preparare gli studenti per tutta la vita di parlare inglese attraverso l'utilizzo di materiali di formazione eccellenti e metodi di insegnamento moderni. I loro insegnanti sono impegnati a migliorare il tuo livello di inglese il più possibile nel tempo lì, sia che si tratti di 2 settimane o 25 settimane. Tutte le loro lezioni di inglese generale includere elementi di TIE, IELTS e Cambridge di preparazione agli esami che significa che si impara tutti gli aspetti della lingua inglese. Erin School of English gestisce un Programmen sociale attiva e di essere situato vicino a Templebar, Castello di Dublino e la Cattedrale di Christchurch significa che non vi è carenza di cose da fare. Venite a unirsi a loro per una delle loro famose notti fuori!
9:00 to 17:00
After class/extra classes
Termini e Condizioni
- Student Handbook Welcome to Erin School of English. We are delighted that you have chosen to study with us. Our school opened in 2003 and since then we have met many interesting people from different parts of the world. Your class takes place from Monday - Friday. The schedule is 09.00 – 12.15 or 12.45 – 16.00. The following policies are important, if you have any questions please ask us Attendance Attending school is very important. If you have a student visa you must come to school every day to achieve an attendance record of 85% or higher. Please advise the school if you are unable to come to class on time (via email at firstname.lastname@example.org). Attendance records will not be altered in any way and the Director of Studies will deal with all attendance appeals. Student sick leave can only be approved with a medical certificate. No attendance records can be amended once the course has finished. If you are 15 minutes late you will not get into class and you will be marked absent for the day. Any student who leaves class more than 15 minutes before the class ends will also be marked absent for the day.. Any student who does not come to school for more than 3 weeks will be reported to the GNIB (Garda National Immigration Bureau). Non-EU students on a 25-week programme are allowed take holidays during 1st June – 30st September and 15th December – 15th January if you have completed 8 weeks of classes before beginning your holiday. Holidays must be agreed and approved in advance by administration only, subject to an administration fee of €20. Class time is added at the end of the course for approved holidays only. Please note that any students with a low record of attendance (less than 75%) will not be issued with supporting student letters and will be reported to GNIB. If your name was removed from the current list of students due to non-attendance, you must contact reception and pay a registration fee of €20 euro to re-register. Studying At Erin School of English Your class takes place from Monday to Friday. All students must have a copy of the class textbook, books can be purchased at International Books, 18 Frederick Street South, Dublin 2 or taken on loan from the school at the price of 35 euro. If the textbook is kept in good condition (no writing, water spills, etc.) the school will exchange it for you when you change level or class. Books taken on loan from the school will have to be returned to the school at the end of the course in the same condition the book was provided. Classes include studying grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation as well as skills such as reading, writing, speaking and listening. They are mapped against ‘can-do’ statements from the Common European Framework of Languages (CEFR). Our goal is to improve your communicative competence in English i.e. to improve both your language skills and social knowledge of how to use English appropriately. Your teacher has a university Degree and a QQI recognized EFL qualification. Student Feedback It is very important to everyone here at Erin School of English that our school is the best that it can be. We are continuously working to improve so that all of our students get the most out of their time here. Your views are important to us and during your time here at Erin School you may be asked to come to a feedback meeting to share your ideas on what and how we can do things better. By signing this policy you agree to attend any feedback meeting you are invited to. You can also share your suggestions by completing one of the feedback forms kept at the seating area outside reception and in the student room. Learner Protection Policy Learner Protection Insurance is compulsory for all students studying in Ireland, it is part of the legislation covering English language schools who take non-EU students in Ireland. Every student must purchase learner protection insurance, Erin School offers this insurance through O’Driscoll O’Neill at a cost of 100 euro. Your course fees are not used by Erin School of English until you begin your course. If, for any reason, Erin School of English is not able to offer you your complete course of classes you will receive a refund for the classes you have not received. This policy applies only in the case of Erin School being unable to provide you with classes. Exams Non-EU students on a 25-week programme must sit a recognised English exam such as TIE, IELTS or Cambridge during or on completion of your course. Every student must pay the exam fee at the start of the course if they were not paid at the time of booking. Letters to obtain student visa and open bank account will be issued to non-EU students who have paid for their exam in full only. All students are automatically booked to take TIE (Test of Interactive English) Your teacher / the Director of Studies can advise you on the best exam for you to take. Exam fees are as follows: TIE - €100, IELTS - 195, Cambridge €140 – €200 depending on level. Your classes prepare you for exams. The school will assist you with exam bookings as requested and it is your responsibility to attend the exam. Non-EU students on a 25-week programme will receive an End of Course Certificate from Erin School of English when they show evidence of this e.g. an exam booking. Immigration is advised of any students who do not sit a recognised English exam. Customer Service Reception is open from 09.00 – 17.00 to deal with questions and queries. Alternatively you can contact us by email on email@example.com, via chat our website or on our skype ID studyaterin. Complaints Procedures We do our best to ensure that you get the level of service that you deserve; however, there may be times when you are not completely happy with the service you are getting. If you have concerns about your class or your studies your teacher will be happy to advise you. If you are unhappy with your course / the school, please make an appointment to speak to our Director of Studies at http://erinschoolofenglish.com/appointments/. Pastoral Care If you have any problems not related to your studies our pastoral care officers Maddalena Spanu and Stavroula Antoniou are here to help. You can contact them at reception. Administration Every student who has booked an exam is provided with a set of student letters. Any extra or additional letters are subject to a charge of €2. Please request the letters via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Classroom Behaviour There are many different cultures and people in the world and in the classroom. One student's views might not match another student's views and we must all accept this. Food / drinks / mobile phones are not permitted in class. Smoking is prohibited anywhere in the building. Anyone caught smoking will be asked to leave the building and his or her attendance for that day erased. Do not leave valuables in the classroom. Keep your belongings with you at all times. Erin School of English accepts no responsibility for items lost or damaged. Students with abusive behaviour will be reported to the Garda. If the teacher asks you to be quiet or leave the room because of your behaviour, you will leave immediately and speak to the Director of Studies / Assistant Director of Studies. Loud, threatening students will not be tolerated in this school. Consistent bad behaviour will lead to a warning which will be followed with a letter of warning if behaviour does not improve. If the student still does not behave he or she will be expelled from the school. Public Holidays The school is closed for all Irish Bank Holidays. If your course corresponds with a national holiday you will not be entitled to any refunds or extra lessons. The school is closed for a Christmas break and New Year holidays from 16.12.2016 to 16.01.2017. Insurance and Health Participants from EU countries should obtain form EHIC from their local Social Welfare Office. Any participant undergoing ongoing medical treatment must provide a medical certificate. Such participants should also bring to Ireland a supply of medicine sufficient to cover their stay. All participants should provide their own basic health and travel insurance. Bank Holidays Please be advised that the school will be closed on the following days: 01/01/2016, 17/03/2016, 25/03/2016, 28/03/2016, 02/05/2016, 06/06/2016, 01/08/2016, 31/10/2016, 25/12/2016, 26/12/2016, 27/12/2016 Please note that the classes finish on 16/12/2016. The school will reopen on 16/01/2017.
- Services must be paid in full 14 days before the course starts in order to complete the enrolment and secure a place in the course and/or accommodation.
- Bookings are not transferable.
- Bank charges are payable by students.
- Students must be 18 years of age or over.